TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/westinghouse model 2480

I turn tv the light turns blue for about 2 seconds then turns off cannot even get anything to see what is going on.  the red light is on so that means its getting electricity but then blue light blinks and turns off immediately!  I only paid $98 its a 24 inch tv is it worth it to fix?

Read the above. It might help.

My first guess is the power supply board needs replaced.  You can find them for your model on eBay or for about $29.

Also, from a google search on this model I found several who claimed certain capacitors had failed and needed replacement - in addition to the new power supply board.

If you are a tinker bug and like to fix things up it may be worth the try. Otherwise it is not an expensive set to replace with a new model as prices are always going down on TV/monitor sets such as this class.

So, from above two links you are only out about $100 to buy a new improved model.

Hope this helps.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio