TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Phillips

I have a Phillips CCC090AT01 TV/Vcr combo 2001, its stuck on a blue screen and wont respond. I was wondering how to get it off the blue screen, thanks

Well, this is a 9 inch crt type analog television receiver.

My first thought is you do not have a digital converter to receive the current digital standard broadcast or cable television signal.  Are you using an antenna for television.  Or are you just playing a vhs tape?

My second thought is, assuming you have had it working properly previously and it is connected properly to either cable or digital converter that the converter is not working or that the television needs to be reset.

To reset just turn the set off, unplug the power cord for at least 30 minutes and then try it again.
To check the digital converter you should record some television from the composite output of the converter and see if it will play on the tv screen.

Also, you can feed the signal from an external vcr into the television to see if it will play.

Maybe the above will help.  If not, please explain to me in a follow up question how you are using the tv and vcr and if the vcr is working and if you have either cable or antenna reception for the tv.  Then I can get a better idea if the problem is hookup and usage of the settings or if there is an internal failure of the set that needs troubleshooting and repair.

It's an old set so don't expect too much from it!  Thanks for your question.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio