TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
Panasonic 37" plasma tv, no sound10/28/2009Rick Montgomery
  Q: Rick- I have a Panasonic 37" plasma tv, a couple of years old. Was working fine, then all of a ...
  A: Eric, Limited help. You did not provide me with a model number to do specific research. I would ...
Magnavox TV Screen Proglem10/28/2009cleggsan
  Q: I have a Magnavox 32 inch flat screen tv with built in DVD player. There is a grey shadow covering ...
  A: I think the box covering the picture is from the CC or closed caption being on. You must turn it to ...
storing tv10/27/2009Rick Montgomery
  Q: I work at a storage place in Wisconsin and customers always ask if it safe to store their big screen ...
  A: Nancy, I can't thank you enough for asking this question. I see far too many sets that I have to ...
JVC AV56P57510/27/2009cleggsan
  Q: I am inquiring of whether there are some common issues that may be the cause of my JVC tv not ...
  A: Rear Projection Tvs of all makes seem to suffer from two most common causes: Power supply and ...
pioneer receiver sx-53510/27/2009Rick Montgomery
  Q: I have a pioneer receiver sx-535 which on both speaker channels A and B the left channel is making a ...
  A: Joe, This receiver dates back to the '70's. It is one of Pioneer's low power receivers, but being ...
Zennith tv bright white line horizontally across center10/27/2009Rick Montgomery
  Q: I have a 42" zennith television, there was a loud pop outside and then the power shut off for the ...
  A: Dean, A bright horizontal line across the screen means you have lost vertical deflection. To ...
Question10/27/2009cleggsan
  Q: I need to buy a Mitsubishi 3D TV from the US and import it to Bahrain. The TV that I want to buy is: ...
  A: I am sorry to inform you that I don't think this set will work in Bahrain. Why? The frequency used ...
proscan 6500010/27/2009Allan Wainwright
  Q: My wife and I got a big screen tv from her brother, It works great except for one thing. Right in ...
  A: i am sorry to say this is common and cannot be repaired. all three of your projector tubes are bad ...
Zenith 03 picture magnified10/27/2009Allan Wainwright
  Q: I have a 2003 Zenith model number r49w36 and the picture appears to be magnified as if it is 3D and ...
  A: this is not a adjustment. you are in need of a repair. the convergence circuit has gond bad in your ...
audio headset10/27/2009cleggsan
  Q: What audio headset do you recommend for connecting with a Memorex LCD tv? A wireless headset would ...
  A: I do not give equipment recommendations. This is because there are too many subjective factors ...
Yamaha HTR-5750 Remote control10/26/2009Rick Montgomery
  Q: I'm just finishing setting up a home theatre and matched my Yamaha receiver with a new Pioneer Elite ...
  A: Dave, Lets take it one step at a time. First, lets assure your remote control is putting out a ...
SV 2000 video cassette recorder / dvd player10/26/2009Rick Montgomery
  Q: My problem is that when I put a DVD in it won't play. On the TV screen it shows the DVD icon with ...
  A: Craig, The SV2000 is a low end Funai made combo, sold primarily at Walmart. The X indicates that ...
hitachi tv10/26/2009cleggsan
  Q: I have a hitachi ultravision 50vf820. the lamp went out, and i replaced with new, but lamp light ...
  A: First suggestion is to reinstall the lamp but be very careful and make sure it is seated correctly. ...
Sylvania LCD no longer recognizing satellite service10/26/2009Allan Wainwright
  Q: I have a Sylvania plasma tv, 6842PF M, that quit recognizing our Direct TV satellite service. We ...
  A: sounds like your digital board might be bad. if so a repair cost would range 300-400 for a repair, ...
NEC TV10/26/2009cleggsan
  Q: I have a NEC Color TV model CT2620A. I did not get the owners manual with it. Can you tell me how to ...
  A: Do you get 70 when you punch in that number on your remote? Any channel that is coming in to the ...
toshiba 36A4110/26/2009Rick Montgomery
  Q: My TV appears to be almost black and white, I have shades of blue and yellow. What could be the ...
  A: Ron, The color combination does not make sense to me. You have a 3-gun picture tube, one for each ...
black box on screen10/26/2009cleggsan
  Q: The tv has a black box that is covering the bottem of the tv and I have already set the captions to ...
  A: You must turn closed captioning to OFF. The tv must have an off setting. Keep going around the CC ...
olevia 237-t12 TV has no power!!!10/26/2009cleggsan
  Q: I have an olevia LCD HDTV model 237-t12, not even 2 years old and all of a sudden, the image turned ...
  A: Looks like the power supply system has gone dead. And, yes, it could be a bad fuse, but usually the ...
VCR goes black and white10/26/2009Rick Montgomery
  Q: I have a Mitsubishi VCR. I can't get to the back of it to get the year and number, but HS-U446 is ...
  A: Brad, The black and white is concerning me. The color bands sound to me like a back tension ...
RCA TV Model F27252GY10/25/2009Rick Montgomery
  Q: Recently I was watching my TV which is connected to my DVR via RCA jack I paused the TV and left the ...
  A: Lisa, The repeated clicking is the power supply responding to an overload situation inside the ...
DVR hookups10/24/2009Rick Montgomery
  Q: I have Motorola DCT2500( I think) digital cable box. I also have a Samsung DVR. I want to hook up ...
  A: Ray, It may be possible, but I have NO access to any information about cable boxes, or the type ...
panasonic 52 rear projection10/24/2009Rick Montgomery
  Q: tv will shut off, green power light flashes,and then restarts by itself,been doing this more ...
  A: Jim, If it has been 2 years or more since the lamp was replaced, that is your best bet. If it has ...
picture quality10/24/2009Allan Wainwright
  Q: Magnavox 51MP392H/17 June 2004 We have pink and green lines around some images on the screen. Also ...
  A: this is a well know issue. your convergence circuit has gone bad in the tv. a repair is needed and ...
Toshiba TP48E6110/23/2009Rick Montgomery
  Q: TV works but in the center almost the whole view is a black box. When turning off you can see the ...
  A: I think you may have a quick, easy one here. At least we're going to start with the easy stuff. I ...
RCA 36" wont turn on10/23/2009Rick Montgomery
  Q: I have an RCA 36" tube model#F35755MB and chasis# CTC179CM When I turn it on the green lite comes ...
  A: If you are a first timer, you probably don't have access to the test equipment you will need, but I ...
panasonic pt-56wx33g10/23/2009Allan Wainwright
  Q: I get three red flashing lights when i try to turn on tv.if this is a lamp which one and how do i do ...
  A: this model does not carry the lamps it has three picture tubes. but i do not think it is the ...
Picture tubes going out10/23/2009Rick Montgomery
  Q: I had 3 different television from the living room picture tubes go out. First its like the picture ...
  A: Helen, I'm sorry, but you have not given me anything specific to research. There are numerous ...
Problem with my Toshiba big screen tv10/22/2009Rick Montgomery
  Q: this is a model #TN55X81 Ser. no. 48955466 While watching most all of the lower chanels,the ...
  A: Bill, The procedure I gave you is the only way. The original remote control is no longer ...
Bose Lifestyle 3010/22/2009Rick Montgomery
  Q: The "acoustimass" has power to it and the "music center" appears to play but no sound. I have run ...
  A: Doug, This is definitely NOT considered a user serviceable unit. Unless you have some technical ...
RCA 32" big Screen Col;or TV Picture in Picture10/22/2009Rick Montgomery
  Q: I own a 14 year old RCA "Color Track Plus", 32" Big Picture Tube/Screen, not flat screen, Picture in ...
  A: Gil, Don't worry, the set is not yet ready to die. Although I have only had 2 of this model in ...
Stereo turns itself off10/21/2009Rick Montgomery
  Q: We have a Pioneer XR-J2500F CD Stereo. It gets used infrequently. The red standby light is on and ...
  A: Janine, I have looked through the service manual, and the only protection circuit I see is one ...
power/picture delay10/21/2009Rick Montgomery
  Q: luck of the draw!you're the only expert available.you helped me out a while back so I'm hoping 2for ...
  A: Gil, This is a Panasonic Viera Plasma 50" TV. Due to Panasonic making production changes halfway ...
Mitsubishi Projection TV10/21/2009Rick Montgomery
  Q: I have an older model Mitsubishi projection tv that has recently developed a fuzzy picture. the ...
  A: Andy, What you are describing, sounds like the single most common problem in a picture tube based ...
T.V.10/21/2009Allan Wainwright
  Q: I own a sony 50 inch KDS-50a2020 that is 2 years old. i have already had the lamp replaced for over ...
  A: this is a bad optical engine. it is a common problem. the part for this repair is around 400.00 plus ...
Magnavox 14" tv turning off10/20/2009Rick Montgomery
  Q: The Magnavox Startsmart television i have turns on with a yellow-ish, green-ish tint or tinge ...
  A: Jack, I have studied the schematics extensively, and this makes no sense to me at all. I apologize ...
tv keeps turing itslelf off10/20/2009Rick Montgomery
  Q: while we're trying to watch AFVideos. please help circuit city went belly up [the people we bought ...
  A: William, If you purchased an extended warranty from Circuit City, all is not lost, unless you go ...
plasma tv's and huminity10/20/2009Rick Montgomery
  Q: I live in tucson Az.... the huminity gets down to some low levels.... like 3 percent.... will that ...
  A: Low humidity will not effect your Plasma TV. Excessive humidity for prolonged periods of time can ...
Philips Magnavox Model # PTV83510/19/2009Rick Montgomery
  Q: I have a Philips Magnavox Model # PTV835 and I am not sure how old it is because I bought it from ...
  A: Sharon, I will need a specific model number in order to research the age, but if you are sure ...
big screen tv10/19/2009Rick Montgomery
  Q: i have a 2002 mitsubishi 65 inch protection tv and i have a hole in the plastic screen all three ...
  A: Adam, If the original screens are available, I can provide you with the part numbers. If not, I ...
no sound on tv10/18/2009Rick Montgomery
  Q: no sound on tv picture ok
  A: Edward, I just answered a question just like this, with the exception of the fact that the one I ...

Page:   Prev  |   73  |  74  |  75  |  76  |  77  | 78  |  79  |  80  |  81  |  82   |  Next

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan

Top Expert on this page