Tablet PCs/iPad mini vs Samsung galaxy note 8

I was told I could have an I pad mini without retina display or Samsung galaxy note 8 for Christmas. Which should I choose? I have an iPhone already which I love but I am wanting something a bit larger to surf the web, pay FB games and write emails. One thing I wish I could so but can't or don't know how is to be able to attach documents in emails or create new ones. I'd like to be able to do that as well on my tablet. Any suggestions?

Dear Kim,
First you have to make a choice between apple & android operating system as you mentioned that you are using iPhone , so you would be more comfortable to Apple OS.
Next tell me your budget and any other preference then I would able to guide you further.

Tablet PCs

Salman Zeb Khan

I have an up-to-date info about all the current or new Tablet models of different brands. I can offer my help if someone want to upgrade or buy a new Tablet. I can't answer questions which involve hardware troubleshooting or software errors for these questions please refer to Tablet manufacturer support.

I have a vast experience of using all sorts of gadgets.

I have done Electrical Engineering and MBA