Tae Kwon Do/Olympic 2016 Taekwodo team

Question
Mr. Nowak,

I am working on my undergraduate and in one of my classes I am designing a periodization training program for the 68 kg bronze medal winner of the London 2012 Summer games. The information I am looking for has to do with the process that this individual must go through to make it onto the 2016 US Olympic Taekwondo team. I have briefly researched through the team website but I have yet to find a definite answer on the 2016 prospective team. I have been training in Taekwondo for several years myself and would like to implement my periodization training guidelines in my own training.

Any help that you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Answer
Hi Jonathan!

Thanks for the email and sorry for the delay in response.

I need a little more information about exactly what you're asking. Are you asking for a training program for an Olympic athlete or for yourself?

For the Olympian, I need to know what they are currently do for training and what they used as a training program leading up to the games.

If the question is for you, the same applies. I need as much detail as possible to give you an idea of how I would put the program together.

I'm assuming the TKD part is taken care of and you're looking for strength and explosive training.

Send me over the details and we can get started for you.

Thanks and again I apologize for the delay. We're slammed over here with our training programs. :)

Start Strong, Finish Stronger!
Nathan

Tae Kwon Do

Nathan J. Nowak