Taiwan/5 digit zipcode

Question
What is the 5 digit zipcode for this address. 4F NO 46, LANE 11 KUANGFU NORTH RD, TAIPEI CITY  105

Thanks,
jennifer

Answer
If you go to the Taiwan postal service website (http://www.post.gov.tw/post/internet/u_english/postal_e_1.jsp) and look for Kuangfu North Road, you won't find it.

However, another way to write the street name is "Guangfu" (See the Wade Giles to Pinyin conversion chart from "Kuang" to "Guang" here: http://library.duke.edu/research/subject/guides/chinese_studies/search_the_catal).

If you go to the postal service website linked above (which uses "Han Yu Pin Yin") and then input Taipei City in the City field, All for districts, and just Guang in the street name field, you will get quite a few results. Since you can now see how the road is referred to in the list, you can then search for the more specific Guangfu N , which will yield the following results:

Zip code   District   Road   Scope
10560   Songshan Dist., Taipei City,   Guangfu N. Rd.,   Odd No. 1 to 109
10560   Songshan Dist., Taipei City,   Guangfu N. Rd.,   Even No. 2 to 120
10579   Songshan Dist., Taipei City,   Guangfu N. Rd.,   Odd No. 111 to 153
10579   Songshan Dist., Taipei City,   Guangfu N. Rd.,   Even No. 122 and Over
10577   Songshan Dist., Taipei City,   Guangfu N. Rd.,   Lane 155 (All)
10579   Songshan Dist., Taipei City,   Guangfu N. Rd.,   Odd No. 157 to 159
10577   Songshan Dist., Taipei City,   Guangfu N. Rd.,   Lane 161 (All)
10579   Songshan Dist., Taipei City,   Guangfu N. Rd.,   Odd No. 163 and Over

Since the address you are looking for is "No 46" the correct 5-digit zip code should be 10560 .

Taiwan

Lotta Danielsson