Tarot Card Readings/general reading

could i please get a general reading
Thanks in advance

Hi Jodie

I love doing these open "general" readings. Thank you so much for trusting me to do that. After some thought, my hunch is that a "four seasons" spread would be best. This draws four cards, one for each of the coming season. That card is sort of an "idea for the quarter"... a theme or guiding idea, or important decision point for that period of time. This will give you a 'heads up" to potential decisions and energies, but not a specific prediction by any means. I designed the spread to empower you, not tie you down like old-school predictions do.

Looking at the general pattern of the reading, it grabs my attention that you have two "nine" cards. The typical thing would be to ask what, if anything, nine means to you....has anything significant in September or on the ninth of a month, a place with nine prominent in the address, things like that. Numerology isn't my strong suite, so you might want to google what nine means in numerology from a couple of different sources and see if anything jumps out at you.

Also, most of your cards are from the minor arcana portion of the tarot deck, followed by a major arcana card at the end. That stand-out quality of the major arcana card makes me think that Balance is the big, key idea overarching the whole reading...the key idea theme for the whole reading, and the whole year.

The first card is for winter, now through about the end of March. It is the nine of wands which means
"acceptance". The advice is to basically do a new year's retrospective and resolution on steroids. What this card is asking for is a little harder than your typical resolution in that it asks for honesty, and acceptance, no matter how hard the realities might be. The easy part is that it asks you to look at the here and now...where is life for you now? Are you happy? It's ok if the answer is YES! Take a good hard look...if there are things that are wrong and need changing...that OK because now you know what you need to do. I you look around, you might find that things are pretty good, and that is even more OK...then you know what to be thankful for and what to continue to walk toward.

The next card is the nine of swords . It symbolizes useless regret. This card is for the spring, aprox. March through June. Ironically enough, this is a great card for spring, even though it doesn't look like it if you have ever seen the artwork on the card. This card is all about letting go of things that no longer are useful or helpful. It is a card of spiritual "spring cleaning" in a way. Spring is a time of fresh starts...so if you have beating yourself up over something...now is the time to learn from it, but then release it and move on. If there are old habits...literal ones or "habits of thought"...attitudes and philosophies...that are obsolete and no longer server your highest and best purpose in life...the spring is the time to get rid of them. In this part of the year, the wind will be at your back for making positive changes ..."out with the old to make room for the new" so to speak.

Summer, July  to September, is a time of bright energy where it is very easy to get carried away. This card is the knight of cups and means "sufficiency". This card is just a gentle reminder not to get too carried away...don't sweep away so much of the past, and past learning, that you forget what you learned and repeat mistakes. Don't bite off more than you can chew, either. Know your limits so you don't get over exhausted or over extended. Allow yourself a comfortable amount...allow yourself enough of what you need...but don't worry about going beyond. Achieve, not over-achieve. Reach, but not over-reach.

Fall, October through next New Years, is guided by the major arcana card Temperance . It is balance, but of a different kind from what the Knight of Cups is talking about. The knight is talking about an internal, small-order, intense, focused sort of balance. Temperance is talking about an overall "big picture" kind of balance. For example the balance between work time and play time, a balance between using logic and intuition, balance of body mind and spirit....that sort of thing.

To sum up, I like to just make a note of any random impressions, so any messages can get through that might be separate from the cards themselves. For whatever reason, that part typically starts with a color...for you I see yellow, like a rich goldenrod sort of color. Maybe daffodil. Sometimes that color is associated with career, or wealth, but in your case it feels very much like flowers, or maybe a flowered dress....something that screams SPRINGTIME. I don't know if that is to draw our attention to that time of year in particular, or if those images have some other meaning or association for you. That's the kicker with this portion...it is the raw images, and up to you to decide what...if any...meaning they might have. What you think it is or what it might be is the the meaning to go with. This is about engaging your intuition too, not just generalities. There is a little bit of bright, spring green, like leaves behind the yellow flowers.  Have you ever read the "WitchLight" or the "Modern Witch" series of books by Debora Geary? They are some of my all time favorites. I mention it because the dress / flower reference reminds me of one character, a fire witch coming into her own...the books are as much about self-discovery, self-esteem, and personal grow as the whole "magic" thing on the surface. So maybe this is symbolic of you coming into your own, recognizing and growing your skills, confidence, and "powers" so to speak. Or maybe it is just wardrobe advice. I can't tell...again that'sup to you.

And there the energy ends.

I hope that this was a helpful reading for you. Thanks again for letting me do a "general" type reading. Some of the neatest things always come through with those. Enjoy the dress and flowers!

Best Wishes

Tarot Card Readings

Ronda (Baihu) Snow

I give spiritual guidance Tarot readings. I use a pathway, meditation or yes/no layout, whichever matches your question best. Remember, REAL tarot gives you advice and ideas. REAL Tarot can NOT predict the future. REAL Tarot can NOT read other people's minds. This is genuine intuition, not an act, so I will not accept prediction-only questions, third party questions (asking about someone other than yourself,) or pregnancy/medical questions.

Card reader since 1992. Professional reader since 2003. E-mail readings are my specialty. Published e-book author (#PeaceTarot, Bead Mindful, Begin Meditating, Triquetra: The Dance of Worlds), Tarot blogger (www.ModernOracleTarot.com) and co-host of "Menage A Tarot" podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and TuneIn.

Mobilize and Empower South Hills (2008), St. Clair Heights Citizens Committee (webmaster and newsletter editor 2009-2011) U.L.C. (preceptor - 2005). The Planetary Society (current) Please contribute to the American Red Cross!

Kindred Magazine, Point of Light Magazine; "Natures Echos" , "Quicksilver Moon", and "Treasured Poems of America 1994" poetry anthologies. "Tarotbytes" the ModernOracleTarot.com Blog, "Lens" the rondasnow.com blog, www.findyourpsychic.com magazine. My books "#PeaceTarot" and "Triquetra: The Dance of Worlds" are available on amazon.com for Kindle and at www.quirkandflotsam.etsy.com. "Bead Mindful, Begin Meditating" is a meditation how-to currently under development.

Ph.D. in Natural Health, Bachelor of Science in Medical Science, Reiki Master, self-published author, retired Tai Chi instructor

Outstanding Young Women of America 1988, 1997, Writer's Castle Poet of the Year 2004.

I have a very strict privacy policy. All client information is confidential.