Tarot Card Readings/The Secret

Question
I recently read the book 'The Secret' which says you can create your own future.Is this really true? For example if I want to join army and from now on I start visualizing that I am an army officer, wearing army uniform, living in an army cantonment will the visualization become reality?
How this system of changing dreams into reality works?

Thank You

Answer
Hi Jimmy

Good question!  The answer is a little complicated - a little yes and a little no.  In my opinion, you can create your own future...but it doesn't work quite the way it seems in the Secret. You DO create your own future, BUT you create it through your choices, what you do, what you say...or what you choose not to do or not to say...not by sitting around thinking about it. Magnetizing, drawing things to you has its place, but it is not everything. You know that yin-yang symbol in marital arts? It's true...you can't have yin without yang and vice versa. Just effort won't get you where you want to go, you have to use your head too. By the same token, mind without action and effort won't get you there either.

I believe visualizations are important and useful. But they are to guide, decide and motivate NOT to do the creating in and of themselves.

You mentioned visualizing yourself as a successful military officer.  That vision, and your intuitive response to it, can help you decide if this really is the right career path for you. It can guide your choices in working toward that goal. You might want to choose to do ROTC instead of football for example, or choose not to throw the punch that keeps you out of trouble and gets you into officer training. Those are just examples...nothing literal...but you get the idea.

If your goal requires a lot of sustained work, effort, difficult choices, or sacrifices, it's easy to get down and discouraged sometimes. Visualizations can help you stay motivated . If you are in the middle of some really suckish basic training, visualize the end result that you've seen before to help you hang in there.

The law of attraction and similars is a real thing...like attracts like. It doesn't magically deliver a particular future, visualizations won't give you the exact details of what the future holds, BUT your heart and mind-set will attract like minded people into your life and will make your journey easier and more fulfilling. As you learn, grow, work, visualize, love and live your dream - you might find old friends fall away and new like-minded people start to come into your life. This takes away the drag of some negative energy people and adds positive energy people to your life. So focusing on light, compassion, your goals does help bring those things into your life, but in this supportive way, not a direct POOF magic way.

That's how I think you can make your dreams into reality. Focus, meditation, visualization can help guide you to good choices, and help keep you motivated to do the things you need to do in order to make your dream a reality. Aligning your thoughts and energies with positive thinking, love, compassion, optimism - that will help clear the way, and draw supportive people into your life...but you still need to act. Visualizations show you the right path, and motivate you to keep going, but you still have to do the walking.

Does that make sense?

Best Wishes to you!

P.S. Your question is a really excellent one. With your permission, I'd like to share a private, anonymous version with my blog readers. Your name will not be used, and the question will be changed a little to protect your identity. OK?

Tarot Card Readings

Ronda (Baihu) Snow