Tarot Card Readings/Help with a reading

Question
I did a reading on myself, will I ever find true love? If you could help me read these cards that would be great.

Will the querent ever find true love? Ten of pentacles
Will the attraction be instant or a slow-burning realization? The hanged man
What will this person be like physically? The sun
What will this person be like emotionally? The magician
Are there issues the querent needs to deal with that are delaying a meeting/relationship with this person? Three of swords
Are there issues this person needs to deal with that are preventing a meeting/relationship? The tower
When/where/how will the querent meet this person? Knight of pentacles

Answer
Hi Ali!

Good for you doing your own reading! The number of major arcana and royalty cards you got is evidence of how connected, maybe even emotionally charged the reading might be for you. It certainly is a clue that this is a very energy-charged topic and a good time to do the love/romance reading. I'm not familiar with this particular lay-out. Seven cards is the absolute largest reading I ever do or recommend. Anything more and it just gets cumbersome, overwhelming, even contradictory. If you are learning to read cards, I found it helpful to use smaller, more focused spreads in the beginning, like the three card "pathway" ... but lets work through what you've sent card by card and try to piece together a cohesive message, ok?

I find absolute yes/no predictions like this really don't help anyone. I suggest thinking of it more in terms of "what can I do to find my true love?"...in this case, the message would be along the lines of happiness is your greatest treasure....do what you need to do to be happy and content with every other aspect of life...fill your soul with that happiness...and love/romance will naturally fall into place in time...in it's own time. If you go to my website at http://www.modernoracletarot.com and click the "special meditations" tab, you'll see a page about "How to find your soulmate". That page looks at this basic idea in more detail without using tarot. There might be something there that can help you too.

Will the attraction be instant or a slow-burning realization? The hanged man -

slow burning - but remember those tend to be the longest lasting, deeper, more genuine ones too

again, I don't believe predictions like this are possible, and certainly not helpful. If I were to take a stab at it though, I would read this more as a warm, sunny, optomistic, perhaps take-charge personality. Might be blonde.  

I hate these old-school layouts that are so prediction-oriented. I would read this more as what emotional common ground will you share aka what would be the best part of yourself to focus on to attract your soulmate. The Magician totally has to do with the spiritual law of attraction, the idea of manifestation. A good beginner book about that is "The Secret" or better still "Illusions" followed by "Bridge Across Forever" by Richard Bach. I kind of touch on this too, in the soulmate posts, because the Bach books were a huge help to me back when I was single.

Now THAT is where Tarot is at its best...that's the kind of thing tarot can really teach us. This card has to do with corruption and trust...do you ever have a tendency to project old hurts on new relationships? Do you ever expect a new guy to do the same bad things that old relationships did? Or is it the other way around...are you over-trusting, approach things with rose-colored glasses and open yourself up to hurts? Either way...be open but pragmatic and realistic. This is a much gentler message than it would be if it had been the Devil card...but is a bit the same. It's a gentle heads-up to watch out for those sorts of issues...not a red lights and sirens kind of message.

this question is as bad as the last one was good. Here's why: it is trying to look into the mind and heart of another person without their consent. I think that is just wrong to do. If you want to care about, and hope to love, then show it now by sending love and respect for their privacy and dignity...not some kind of psychic brain-probe psychoanalysis. That being said, I would turn this question and card right on its head...instead of what do you need to DO to attract this relationship, what do you need to AVOID to attract this relationship...and the Tower's answer is clear - chaos and confusion. Thinks things through...be very clear in your mind about the kind of relationship you want...dating, companionship, marriage....whatever. Be very clear about the personality you want. Be very clear about the priorities you want the two of you to share. Then attract that...if you send a muddled wish to the universe, the answers and progress could become muddled too.

<i>when, where how? No friggen' clue. Knight of Pentacles has to do with perceptions. Why do you think when where and how is even important? If it is meant to be, won't that overcome the where/when/how kind of details? If you focus on one where/when/how, then you are shutting yourself off from an infinite multitude of other-wheres, other-whens, and other-hows - this kind of thinking closes you off, narrows your opportunities and constricts your thinking. This card is a call to shift and open you perceptions...you could meet this person anywhere at anytime under any circumstances...bless the many opportunities! Look at it this way...it's easier to catch a fish by casting a wide net than by switching to a smaller hook ;)

I hope that helps a little. Check out the website for that find your soulmate page and to learn more about how this no-predicitons, all - advice kind of reading style works. There are loads of card meanings for future reference if you are interested.

Good Luck!

Tarot Card Readings

Ronda (Baihu) Snow