Tattoos/Severe Red Reaction

gloria wrote at 2014-04-08 04:53:26
I got a tattoo with red ink in it. After a year it started itching really bad, and started getting raised scarring. I went to a dermatologist and she gives me about 5 little steroid shots directly under those areas and it gives me relief for about 6-8 months. She also said I was allergic to the red cinnabar dye. I have heard now, that some people have the same thing, and it has gone into skin cancer. It is frustrating. I would have mine removed, but she said there is a risk of blood clots from that procedure.

Sasha Merritt - Professional Tattoo and Cosmetic Artist

Tattoo, Permanent cosmetics, Needling, Areola Repigmentation, Tattooing over Scars

I've been tattooing professionally for 10 years in shops in the US and England. I now own Dragonfly Ink in San Francisco, CA

Society of Permanent Cosmetic Professionals

Apprenticed at Black and Blue Tattoo Specialized training and certifications: Cross-contamination Prevention SofTaps Micropigmentation Areola Repigmentation Skin Needling University Art Courses