Tattoos/Cosmetic Tattoo

Can tattoo ink conceal or hide veins seen under the skin? For example, if veins are visible on an area of the body, will a tattoo make them less visible or completely not visible?

I thank you for your reply.

Tattoo pigment is similar to watercolor paint in that there is some transparency and darker colors generally show through lighter colors. So if you tattooed a darker color, such as in a decorative tattoo, it likely will work. If you are wanting lighter skin toned pigments, it may not work very well, or make it worse. The veins may be darker than the pigment and so would show through or change the color of the tattooed color.

I'd recommend talking to an artist who does a lot of camouflage tattooing so s/he can see what your have going on and if camo is the best option.

You can find referrals from websites of the Society of Permanent Cosmetic Professionals or the American Academy of Micropigmentation.

Good Luck,
Sasha Merritt

Dragonfly Ink

Sasha Merritt - Professional Tattoo and Cosmetic Artist

Tattoo, Permanent cosmetics, Needling, Areola Repigmentation, Tattooing over Scars

I've been tattooing professionally for 10 years in shops in the US and England. I now own Dragonfly Ink in San Francisco, CA

Society of Permanent Cosmetic Professionals

Apprenticed at Black and Blue Tattoo Specialized training and certifications: Cross-contamination Prevention SofTaps Micropigmentation Areola Repigmentation Skin Needling University Art Courses