Tattoos/California penalties for tattoos

Question
I've searched everywhere online but I cannot find a site that tells me the penalties for tattooing without a license in California. So my question would be: What is the penalty for tattooing without a license on California?

Answer
Kealoha,

In California tattooing is not only regulated by the state it is also regulated by municipal and county governments. To find out what the penalties are in your local you will need to contact your local health department. They can also instruct you on what proper licensing procedures are. I can tell you that I know of an instance out of Barstow a couple of years ago where someone who tattooed without a license was fined $10,000.00 and 6 months in jail. So I would definately tell you that tattooing without a license in California is not a good idea. As I have suggested please check with your county and city health departments but also there might be seperate city and county business licenses required over and above tattoo licensing. Not to mention registration with your Secretary of States office for tax revenue service.

I hope this has been of some help to you. If I can be of any further assistance please let me know.

-The GYPSY-
http://www.ubtat2d.com

Tattoos

The GYPSY - Certified Master Tattoo Artist, Body Piercer and Permanant Cosmetic Technician