Tattoos/Bruised 6 months after a tattoo

Question
I got a full arm band about 6 months ago and I am still bruised on the under arm part.  What would cause that?  The tattoo itself is probably 2 inches thick all the way around my arm, but I am only bruised on the under part.  The bruising stretches from about 3 inches below and 1/2 inch above the tattoo it has seemed to shrink a little over the last week or two finally.

Answer
Karla-

Bruising under the arm is pretty common, it is a pretty sensitive area. Still, after six months, I'd have expected it to have gone away, unless there is situation where the skin is has problems with bruising.

Sometimes with solid black tattoos, the pigment particles are so tiny that they can migrate under the skin a bit, particularly in areas like under the arm or lower leg. But 3 inches is a bit excessive, so I'm not sure it is this either.

It is best to talk to your tattoo artist in person as s/he is on the spot and can see what is happening better than I and can answer your questions more accurately.

Good Luck,

Sasha Merritt
http://dragonflyink.com

Tattoos

Sasha Merritt - Professional Tattoo and Cosmetic Artist