Tattoos/Rash around tattoo

Question
Tattoo
Tattoo  
I got my first tattoo about five days ago and have been using Tattoo Goo as my after care product. Over the last couple of days I have developed a rash around my tattoo - it looks a bit like a heat rash. What could have caused this, is it the tattoo goo?
Thank you

Answer
Emma-
A rash around a fresh tattoo is pretty common. It generally means you need to use less of the aftercare product as it is irritating the skin. Try stopping all creams or ointments and just wash once a day and it should start to clear up in a couple of days.

It is always a good idea to talk to your tattoo artist as s/he is on the scene and can see what is happening.  Of course, don't substitute online advice for your own judgement and if you are concerned, if it doesn't get better or gets worse, contact your health care professional.

Leaving your body to heal itself should be enough.

Good Luck,
Sasha

Sasha Merritt, CPCP
www.dragonflyink.com

Tattoos

Sasha Merritt - Professional Tattoo and Cosmetic Artist