Tattoos/apprenticeship

Question
Apprenticeships are very difficult to obtained. I had an apprenticeship a few years back, it only lasted a few months before the artist went to prison. Oh well, I went to Marines and tattooed a few people while in the service. I stopped because there was much I needed to learn, and I did not want to be a scratcher. I tried to get an  apprenticeship, but it seems it takes an act of congress to get one. I got out of the military and tried various mediums of art to satisfy my artistic desires. I enjoy various mediums, but nothing compares to the desire to be a tattoo artist. A true art form where theres no delete button or eraser. I don't want to be a scratcher, but I keep fighting the feeling to learn the art, just the way a tweaker fiends for meth. I do not want to give up on this, but my options are limited. I'm willing to pay for an apprenticeship because I need to keep my job to feed my family. Im lost here, I don't want to disrespect the art of tattooing by doing shitty work because I can't learn from a true artist. I can always paint clown faces on kids at birthday parties...

Thanks for the advised.

Answer
The best way that I know of to get an apprenticeship is to simply walk into different shops with your portfolio and talk to the master artist there.
You can also tried LinkedIn, on my group "Tattoo Artists and Body Art Enthusiasts", where there are regular postings of artists who'll accept apprentices.

Tattoos

Charles Parent - Registered Master Tattoo Artist