Tattoos/African American Tattooing

Question
I got a tattoo from this artist because he is affordable and his work is decent. As an African American y tattoos symbolize a lot about my race and culture. Before even getting the tattoos done, there are many things I did not consider such as the technique and talent needed for the style of my desired tattoos, the pigment of my skin and healing process.

The first one I got from said artist was decent so I went back again for my other one and he ripped me of for starters by asking me to pay for each session after I already paid him in full for the tattoo and two, he did not know what he was doing. This artist is very unprofessional and careless. He should have told me this piece of work was not in his rang. But me, without any thought process and my impulsive actions caused me to now have a hideous unfinished tattoo on my leg.

My question is: should I get the tattoos removed and start over? If so, do you have any recommendations for artists in NYC that expert in working with clients of AA decent?

Answer
Walesca,
First off seek out Jonathan Shaw of Fun City Tattoo or Filip Lew of Lew Family Tattoos. Both of these artists are tops in their field and might be able to fix the work and save you the expense and pain of removal, which is not 100% effective.
Secondly, I am sorry that you were the victim of an unscrupulous tattooist. Please do not judge everyone in my profession by this one bad apple.
I hope this has been of some help to you. If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to ask.

-The GYPSY-
http://www.ubtat2d.com

Tattoos

The GYPSY - Certified Master Tattoo Artist, Body Piercer and Permanant Cosmetic Technician