Tattoos/Tattoo Blowout?!?

Question
"Love" Tattoo Blowout?!?
"Love" Tattoo Blowout?  
QUESTION: Hello,

I just got a tattoo and it has been about 36 hours and I noticed something that kind of worried about me. The work love in the inside of my finger. At first I didn't notice anything and I hope I am just being neurotic and you can help with that or give me a course of action of how to fix it would be excellent as if this did occur I would not want the same person to fix it.  I am hoping it's too early to tell and it will start looking better.  The reason that worries me is that it is only looking bad around the letter "L". Please let me know if
you need any more photos for better examples to see it.

Appreciate all the help and hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,

Matthew

ANSWER: Matthew,

I am sorry to say that you have a very poorly rendered tattoo and it will not improve without help. Not only is the art of it poorly rendered but the execution as well. You have scar tissue and blow-outs from going in sideways as well as ink deposits from holding the needle static.
If this was done by a licensed studio I would strongly suggest that you file a complaint with your states licensing board. Most states will not address artistic quality but they will address poor practices leading to anatomy damage and that is what you have.
A skilled, licensed, experienced professional should be able to cover that with a new design however you will no longer have the word "Love" there as it is un-fixable. The blue haze you are seeing around it will continue to spread.
Please keep in mind that the flesh on the insides of the fingers, inside wrists and palms (for most people except manual laborers) is tender and thin. Tattoos in these areas usually do not last and will fade very quickly, unless they are rendered as deep as yours was. The older we get the thinner this flesh becomes and the greater the chance of tearing becomes. I usually recommend against getting any tattoo below the wrist for several reasons, this being one of them. Another reason is because even though we are suppose to be living in an enlightened age there are still those who look down on tattoos on the hands, wrists and fingers including potential employers.
Ask around, look at a tattooists cover-up work and pick wisely for your cover-up.

I hope this has been of some help to you. If I can be of any further assistance please let me know.

-The GYPSY-
http://www.ubtat2d.com

QUESTION: Hey,
Thanks for getting back to me. Not really interested in putting anything else there so my only option is to do laser removal. I just wanted to ask you if you thought it was possible to fix it by doing a flesh color ink to cover up the ink that's spreading? If you don't see that as an option, then laser it is. And I'll def. Be sure to report them along with getting every dollar that I paid for it. By the way, how do you see scaring? I only see the ink that's spreading and yes I agree the artwork is real crappy too. Shouldn't have been that difficult to copy a simple word.
Thanks again, regret is a real bitch

Answer
Matthew,

Tattoo pigments are translucent and darker colors will always show through lighter colors so covering with flesh tones is not possible.
Also be aware that despite what you have heard laser removal IS NOT 100% effective, neither are removal creams. Your tattoo is deep enough that pigment will be left even after the expensive laser treatments not to mention the scaring that will be evident.
I wish I had better news for you but all I can do is let you know what to expect.

-The GYPSY-

Tattoos

The GYPSY - Certified Master Tattoo Artist, Body Piercer and Permanant Cosmetic Technician