Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/Employee taxes

Rob_W wrote at 2014-08-05 17:48:29
A Tennessee employer with no business in Kentucky is NOT required to withhold Kentucky state income tax.  Withholding is voluntary.  Tennessee is not a reciprocal state.

KY WITHHOLDING FAQ:

Is an out-of-state employer required to withhold?

Regulation 103 KAR 18:010(2) provides that wages paid to nonresidents are subject to withholding to the extent that they earned wages while working in Kentucky unless the nonresident employee is a resident of a reciprocal state. An out-of-state employer may voluntarily withhold Kentucky tax on a Kentucky resident who is working outside of Kentucky.

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

Glenn D Schnabel