Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/Employee taxes

Rob_W wrote at 2014-08-05 17:48:29
A Tennessee employer with no business in Kentucky is NOT required to withhold Kentucky state income tax.  Withholding is voluntary.  Tennessee is not a reciprocal state.

Is an out-of-state employer required to withhold?

Regulation 103 KAR 18:010(2) provides that wages paid to nonresidents are subject to withholding to the extent that they earned wages while working in Kentucky unless the nonresident employee is a resident of a reciprocal state. An out-of-state employer may voluntarily withhold Kentucky tax on a Kentucky resident who is working outside of Kentucky.

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

Glenn D Schnabel

I can answer most federal individual income tax questions. I can not provide legal advise.

I have worked for a CPA firm for over 11 years. I have worked in private as well as government I have recently been running a tax preparation office, mainly focusing on individual income taxes

I have been affiliated with managing condo associations and as a member of a coalition to educate condo owners as to their rights and responsibilities.

I have my B.S.B.A in Business Administration . Concentration in Accounting I have gone to yearly tax seminars and have tried to keep up with the evolving tax changes

Over my years I have received local awards for contributions to worthy organizations.

This, of course remains confidential