Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/Form 8332

Question
My ex-wife and I divorced in August 2008. It is in our divorce papers that I get to claim out daughter for tax purposes. The following year (2009) she signed Form 8332 Part I releasing her claim for the current year of 2008 and also signed Part II releasing her claim for "All Future Years". Our daughter turned 18 in 2010, but was still in "secondary" school until June 2011, which I still paid my support payments as required through the end of June, 2011. I claimed her on my 2011 tax returns for what I felt was the last year I could do so. Her mother has never revoked the release of claim to my knowledge as I have never received notice from her of this. I just received a letter from the IRS informing me that someone else had also claimed my daughter on their 2011 tax return and they wanted me to make sure that I could claim my daughter as a dependent and to file an amended tax return if not. I contacted my ex-wife and she told me that she had claimed her also.
One.....why did I receive this letter? I have always sent a copy of Form 8332 that she signed in 2009.
Two....what should I do?....try and contact the IRS about this? and...
Three...should I be worried?

Answer
four

your (ex) wife is a weasel and she surely knew better.

five

did you include the 8332 with the filing of your 2011 return?

six

does the div decree also give you right to continue to take her as a deduction as long as you support her?

seven

where did daughter spend the greater number of nights (your house or ex wife) ?  

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

MEdusa