Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/S-Corp and car purchase

An S-Corp has a net profit of $50,000 for 2012. They wish to wipe their profit down to $0 so they end up paying no corporate income tax.  Is purchasing a $50,000 car one such method to achieve this goal?

I've heard that you can not write off the purchase price of a car, but that you can only deducts its depreciation based on mileage used, is this true?  If a car purchase won't work, what are all the ways to wipe out the net profit?  The methods I'm aware of are:

-increase employee salaries

-buy equipment (the issue here is the company is too small to actually digest $50k worth of useful "equipment" such as computers, office furniture, etc)

What other methods are there at an S-Corp's disposal?

you are totally confused.

the car is only partially right.

but s corporations dont pay any federal tax.

(their owners do).

where in the mix are you?

LOTS of other methods at our disposal - dont let the tail wag the dog though.  

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

Tax and general business including hospitality related (hotel mgmt degree and experience in industry prior to obtaining ms tax and cpa).

19 years cpa. ms tax. NOTE: My discussions are only a general information and do not constitute tax advise without entering into a specific agreement and executing an engagement letter; This free chat is nothing more than general information and should not be construed as tax advice nor does my response or replies imply an agreement to provide client specific advice or other guidance for purposes of avoiding IRS tax or penalties and should not be relied upon without your own validation and confirmation of the how the discussion may fit your facts... Not having all the facts and/or not having a direct client relationship prevents me from providing the most accurate replies as possible and I highly suggest using a local CPA to provide you with written advice and guidance. Taking matters into your own hands is much akin to trying to land an airplane without a license. It is easy to FLY a plane, but LANDING is when critical experience is key. In short, caveat emptor; do your homework and don't just rely on free chat board advice anywhere, anytime.

AICPA, CSCPA (Ct society), National Tax,

a bunch.

MS tax and other post graduate coursework

variety including Summa Cum Laude

I don't disclose or kiss and tell