Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/esop distribution

Question
I went through a divorce. Part of the settlement was for me to have a percentage of Our ESOP. I was told in 2009 that I would have to wait a period of 5 years before distribution. I recently received a letter stating that distribution or a roll-over was available to me. After talking with the the over seeing fund I was notified that I would receive , if elected a pay-out or a rollover of approx. 70K every year for the next five years.

Question ? I am a low-income individual under 10k per year , newly married , filing taxes married but seperate.

I desire to take the check pay approx. 70k out for the first distribution and place that amount in the bank with CD's or something of that sort and then the follwing payments would move into somekind of a retirement plan such as a Roth IRA or a Tradional IRA.

How unwise is this as far as a Tax concern.

Who should I seek for My tax & investment concerns ?

Answer
You don't have nearly enough facts or information to connect all the dots.    You need solid help - either a local cpa or trusted advisor.   Send a new inquiry but mark it private and ill follow up with contact info

There is lots more here than meets the simple eye  

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

MEdusa