Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/Income tax question

Question
my friend and his daughter were living with me this whole year of 2012. he does not work now. from what he told me he didnt make enough when he did work earlier in the year to even have to file taxes. anyway, since he and his child were living in my house and i was the only one working and i supplied for both he and his child, can i claim his child on my tax return for this year? he said that i could but i just wasnt sure. he has full custody of his daughter, so the mother trying to claim the daughter would not be an issue. i live in lancaster county, pennsylvania. if you could let me know what your thoughts are on this, it would be greatly appreciated. thank you in advance for your help.

Answer
For a pound of Lebanon baloney I will answer.  :)

Actually.  Wife will likely try to take child and mess stuff up

Also,  if he worked and had tax taken out, he'll have to file to get refunds of tax

And, short story long, yes you can likely take _both_ of them as dependents.   A dependent does not necessarily have to be a child.  

But you are not my client.  So a little more info woul be required  

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

MEdusa