Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/Private

Question
QUESTION: Good Day,

My brother and I have inherited 100% of the shares of a C corp that contains property and cash in the bank.  The issue we have is how to remove the property from the C corp without paying the
built in gains tax.  Fair market value is roughly $250k and the accumulated appreciation is $54k and is depreciated out.  My understanding is the stock is stepped up but not the value of the
building, is that correct?  A stock sale is not possible, converting to a S corp and waiting 10 years for the gains to go away is a possibility and a 1031 exchange is another way to get rid of the real estate but the idea of paying 40% corporate tax and then another 20% on the dividend sounds revolting.

ANSWER: Would you try to fly a plane without a license?
Why try to be a tax geek without proper guidance?

Send me a new question and mark it private and I'd be happy to help you out of your dilemma

QUESTION: My brother and I have inherited 100% of the shares of a C corp that contains property and cash in the bank.  The issue we have is how to remove the property from the C corp without paying the

ANSWER: Make a new question

Mark it private and il give you my contact info

QUESTION: Question about 1031 exchange with a property from a c corporation.  Does it have to stay a rental property or can it be converted from rental to personal residence?

Answer
Pa

Not the subject.    Private

But you can mark. It "private" so others can't read it

Don't reply to _this_ message.   Make a new one

Are you missing the suggestion to make a NEW question and mark it private - so I. cangive you My contact info ???

And the requirements for 1031 have to be like kind property,   But if you turn it into residential (what is original property??) and the. Use it yourself, it wouldiky be a dividend...   

But as I have said three times

Send a NEw question and mark it Private !  

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

MEdusa