Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/Tax Question

Question
If I earn money that is from side jobs, and not on a W2, how do i claim it, if there is no 1099 from the individuals that pay me.?

Answer
Depends how much

The legal answer is provably schedule c (as opposed to other income) because schedule c (or schedule c-ez) will add self employment tax

The shorter (and incorrect) answer is just to include on other income line.

The even shorter (and even more wrong) answer is to ignore it and not report anything

Remember to take the offsetting deductions for any expense incurred in generating the income

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

MEdusa