Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/child care expense credit

Question
I am divorced and I pay my wife child support.  On top of that, I also give her money for after school daycare expenses and with that money she pays the daycare.  Our divorce order specifically states that I will pay the daycare expense to her and then she pays the daycare.  Who can claim the credit.  She says since she writes the checks, she can.  But the money comes from me.

Answer
Congrats, you have (had) an officially shitty divorce lawyer

Depending upon how the final decree was written you might get to take the credits. But it sounds like you are making more non deductible child support payments.   

Does she have to file 8332?   Or does she get to take dependent,credits, head of house and all that?

Do you get child as dependent?  Who has primary custody?

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

MEdusa