Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/Forms

Question
Do you know when the 2012 tax forms will be available especially for the people over 65 and the s s worksheet?   Thanks

Answer
Jerry,

The first day to e-file will be January 30th --- 8 days later due to the mess Congtess made of updating the laws.

However, depending on what type of forms are included with your return, you may have to wait until late February or March to file! If your only income is social security, then there is no filing requirement. My guess is that you have other income in addition to your social security - hence, the reason for your question.

Here is a list of forms, that, if a taxpayer must include in his/her return, will delay the filing until late February or March: http://tinyurl.com/anzabbw

Take care,  

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

Bruce W. Tyler, EA