Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/International Money Transfer

Question
I am based in India. I have a client in USA who would like to outsource their job to my company in India. My company does not have a presence in USA. In this case, will my client have to pay huge tax if he transfers money to my bank account in India? If so, what would be the tax percentage ? Is there any other best option using which my client can pay me from USA for the services provided to him by my company in India. Thank you!

Answer
Mazher,

Thanks for your question.

Assuming that you have no U. S. presence, the transfer of money does not create a U.S. tax liability.  Any transfer in excess of $10,000 must be reported by the bank to the Treasury, but no tax is involved.

Hope this helps.

John Stancil, CPA

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

John Stancil, CPA