You are here:

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/single member llc taxed as c-corp


I am a single member llc and last year was my first year in business. I have elected to be taxed as a c corp and my profits were about 40,000. Is there any additional taxes I need to pay after my profits are taxed at the corporate tax rate..(SE taxes)? Thanks

If you take the remainder as a dividend, you will pay tax on the dividend at your personal level. Tax on $40K is $6K, so the remaining $34K is either paid to you as a dividend or stays in the company for reinvestment.

If you leave the cash in the corporation, it is not subject to any other income tax.

Remember that unlike an S-Corporation, there are no tax-free distributions from the corporation to you personally.

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Randall Klein, MBA, EA


I am an expert in personal and small business taxation, including Forms 1040, 1120, 1120S, 1065. I can answer any type of tax question except those that are requesting help in illegal tax evasion. Tax avoidance is legal, however. I do not do offshore trusts, or opt-out of the tax system type of queries.


25 years real experience in dealing with tax preparation, representation before the IRS, tax problem resolution, and more. Successfully represented clients in Offers in Compromise with more than 95% of all offers accepted.

National Association of Enrolled Agents National Society of Tax Preparers BNI - Business Networking International

Yahoo Answers - recognized as a tax expert.

MBA, Weatherhead School, Case Western Reserve University. BA, Indiana University, Bloomington Enrolled Agent, licensed by US Treasury.

Past/Present Clients
Most of my clients are small business owners

©2017 All rights reserved.