Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/single member llc taxed as c-corp

Question
I am a single member llc and last year was my first year in business. I have elected to be taxed as a c corp and my profits were about 40,000. Is there any additional taxes I need to pay after my profits are taxed at the corporate tax rate..(SE taxes)? Thanks

Answer
If you take the remainder as a dividend, you will pay tax on the dividend at your personal level. Tax on $40K is $6K, so the remaining $34K is either paid to you as a dividend or stays in the company for reinvestment.

If you leave the cash in the corporation, it is not subject to any other income tax.

Remember that unlike an S-Corporation, there are no tax-free distributions from the corporation to you personally.

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

Randall Klein, MBA, EA