Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/tax deduction question


Is there any kind of a tax deduction or credit I can receive if I missed 4 months of work to care for my dependant son who had brain surgery? I was thinking I could included it under medical expenses other.


Call the Employment Development Department. Since you are in CA, you may qualify for Paid Family Leave. I am not aware of a tax credit or deduction for leaving work to care for your boy.

Hope your son makes a full recovery. I cannot imagine the emotional pain this is causing you.

All my best........

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Bruce W. Tyler, EA


I can answer questions with regard to the following: Preparation/Tax Law regarding Individual Income Tax (IRS and California), Audit Representation/IRS Procedures of personal and corporate income tax including appeals, IRS Collection procedures for individuals, partnerships and corporations, Offers-in-Compromise, Installment Payment Plans, Penalty Abatement,Income from Cancellation of Debt. Heavy experience with Public Safety (i.e. Firefighters, Police Officers, Correctional Officers, etc) as well as medical industry.


21 years in tax preparation and representation

National Association of Enrolled Agents

4 years of accounting at Woodbury University/UCLA Extension

©2017 All rights reserved.