Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/annualized estimated tax

he MEdusa!

I'm looking at Publication 505, "Tax Withholding and Estimated Tax".
Page 29 of the 2013 edition shows:
"If you do not receive your income evenly throughout the year....."

My question: does the phrase "your income" refer to wages,i.e., salary, or does it include other sources of income such as pensions?

I look forward to your reply.

generally your estimated taxes are on all income.  If you get it in waves or dribbles or what amounts to a large influx all at once, you might be able to avail yourself of the exceptions from equal payments.  

are you receiving a large sum before year end?  there are other ways to 'fix' underpayment, too.  you can just increase your payroll or other withholding and that is treated as pro rata over the whole year.  

good luck  

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

Tax and general business including hospitality related (hotel mgmt degree and experience in industry prior to obtaining ms tax and cpa).

19 years cpa. ms tax. NOTE: My discussions are only a general information and do not constitute tax advise without entering into a specific agreement and executing an engagement letter; This free chat is nothing more than general information and should not be construed as tax advice nor does my response or replies imply an agreement to provide client specific advice or other guidance for purposes of avoiding IRS tax or penalties and should not be relied upon without your own validation and confirmation of the how the discussion may fit your facts... Not having all the facts and/or not having a direct client relationship prevents me from providing the most accurate replies as possible and I highly suggest using a local CPA to provide you with written advice and guidance. Taking matters into your own hands is much akin to trying to land an airplane without a license. It is easy to FLY a plane, but LANDING is when critical experience is key. In short, caveat emptor; do your homework and don't just rely on free chat board advice anywhere, anytime.

AICPA, CSCPA (Ct society), National Tax,

a bunch.

MS tax and other post graduate coursework

variety including Summa Cum Laude

I don't disclose or kiss and tell