Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/Car Mileage

Question
When using the annual lease value rule for employer-provided vehicle, I understand it does not include the value of fuel that we provide to the employee for personal use.  The company have determined that the employee will pay for the fuel out of his own pocket for personal use. The company will not reimburse or have it charge it to us.  Do we still have to include the fuel separately using the 5.5 cents per mile rate and report it on the employees W2's???

I am not sure if I word this right, nevertheless, any information regarding the value of fuel is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Lee

Answer
HI Lee
look at the rules for commuting values.

This is usually the easiest (and lowest cost) for most employees as long as they are not a 'control' employee.

I am not sure about the 5.5c  I'd have to look it up.  check the first answer and see if that helps,  it is $3 a day x 52 weeks.. is like a pick up of $750 per year.. usually the best answer.

patrick

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

MEdusa