Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/Kindergarten Enrichment

Question
Does Kindergarten Enrichment qualify as a child care expense? My son is currently enrolled in morning Kindergarten so we signed him up for MELC, a private learning center, to watch over him in the afternoon. My older son was enrolled in the same program 4 years ago and this did qualify as a dependent care expense. Benefit Allocation Systems, which withholds money pretax for dependent care expenses, denied my claim for reimbursement. Are they in error, or has the tax law changed? Please advise. Thanks.

Answer
they are wrong.
any care that allows you to work qualifies as day care/child care expense.

ask again and ask for the citation in the IRS code that disqualifies it.  

If they insist, tell them you will get a citation and letter from a cpa (me) but it will cost them $500 if they are wrong.  see if that helps.

Patrick  

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

MEdusa