Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/Kindergarten Enrichment

Does Kindergarten Enrichment qualify as a child care expense? My son is currently enrolled in morning Kindergarten so we signed him up for MELC, a private learning center, to watch over him in the afternoon. My older son was enrolled in the same program 4 years ago and this did qualify as a dependent care expense. Benefit Allocation Systems, which withholds money pretax for dependent care expenses, denied my claim for reimbursement. Are they in error, or has the tax law changed? Please advise. Thanks.

they are wrong.
any care that allows you to work qualifies as day care/child care expense.

ask again and ask for the citation in the IRS code that disqualifies it.  

If they insist, tell them you will get a citation and letter from a cpa (me) but it will cost them $500 if they are wrong.  see if that helps.

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

Tax and general business including hospitality related (hotel mgmt degree and experience in industry prior to obtaining ms tax and cpa).

19 years cpa. ms tax. NOTE: My discussions are only a general information and do not constitute tax advise without entering into a specific agreement and executing an engagement letter; This free chat is nothing more than general information and should not be construed as tax advice nor does my response or replies imply an agreement to provide client specific advice or other guidance for purposes of avoiding IRS tax or penalties and should not be relied upon without your own validation and confirmation of the how the discussion may fit your facts... Not having all the facts and/or not having a direct client relationship prevents me from providing the most accurate replies as possible and I highly suggest using a local CPA to provide you with written advice and guidance. Taking matters into your own hands is much akin to trying to land an airplane without a license. It is easy to FLY a plane, but LANDING is when critical experience is key. In short, caveat emptor; do your homework and don't just rely on free chat board advice anywhere, anytime.

AICPA, CSCPA (Ct society), National Tax,

a bunch.

MS tax and other post graduate coursework

variety including Summa Cum Laude

I don't disclose or kiss and tell