Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/C corporations and k1 forms

Question
I am the sole owner of a C(1120) corporation that was incorporated in New York State.  My income excluding the above referred to corporation was $103000 in 2012.  The corporation grossed $1800.  When I went to file my taxes electronically, I was asked to file a K1.  Is that possibly an error as I was under the impression that C corps didn't have to file a K1?  Also, am I obligated to file electronically?
I thank you in advance,
Alex ()

Answer
Alexander,

Thanks for your question.

A C Corporation would not file a K-1.  Double check to see that you are not completing an 1120-S form.  If you are not, there is apparently a bug in your program or the e-file program you are going through.

No, you are not required to file electronically if you are preparing your own return.

Hope this helps.

John Stancil, CPA

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

John Stancil, CPA