Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/LLC - online retailer

I recently established a LLC in Peru with the objective to sell handmade boots from Peru to US customers. Because I want to sell directly to US customers-no distributors or retailers- I am planning to set up a LLC in the US. I will sell the products online through the US business based in Virginia. I have no employees. My questions are the following:

- In the case that I establish the LLC in Virginia and then I want to sell my products online to customers in other states, what federal and state taxes would the company need to pay?

-And then, in the case that I establish the LLC in Virginia and decide to assist to a trade show or market to sell my products in New York, for example, what federal and state taxes would the company need to pay?

The area of state tax and online retailing is rife with complexity and abuse.  I would strongly suggest that you do more than have a two minute chat on a free board to ascertain the correct application of how tax might impact you on a state level.

Nexus is the key term you seek to understand.  Many states have implemented "Amazon" taxes for sales tax when the seller has not even physically become present in their state.  Also, some states provide specific exceptions for brief periods and the trade show is one - carefully ensuring that you only show and not take orders is a convoluted concept at best that is not going to be easily described herein using a paragraph or three (entire classes at law school make up this one topic!)

I am available to follow up with you at greater length, but take this issue seriously and make sure you obtain competent and THOROUGH understanding of how you are going to be taxed in every jurisdiction - not just Virginia and New York!

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

Tax and general business including hospitality related (hotel mgmt degree and experience in industry prior to obtaining ms tax and cpa).

19 years cpa. ms tax. NOTE: My discussions are only a general information and do not constitute tax advise without entering into a specific agreement and executing an engagement letter; This free chat is nothing more than general information and should not be construed as tax advice nor does my response or replies imply an agreement to provide client specific advice or other guidance for purposes of avoiding IRS tax or penalties and should not be relied upon without your own validation and confirmation of the how the discussion may fit your facts... Not having all the facts and/or not having a direct client relationship prevents me from providing the most accurate replies as possible and I highly suggest using a local CPA to provide you with written advice and guidance. Taking matters into your own hands is much akin to trying to land an airplane without a license. It is easy to FLY a plane, but LANDING is when critical experience is key. In short, caveat emptor; do your homework and don't just rely on free chat board advice anywhere, anytime.

AICPA, CSCPA (Ct society), National Tax,

a bunch.

MS tax and other post graduate coursework

variety including Summa Cum Laude

I don't disclose or kiss and tell