Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/Form 8594

Question
I sold the business for 1,400,000.00 in 2012. As per the agreement, sales proceeds are allocated as such: Furniture, Equipment and Vehicles-$952,000.00, No to compete-$10,000.00 and Goodwill $ 480,000.00

I am filing for 8594. As a seller do I need to put anything on part 4-"Aggregate Fair Market Value of"?

Answer
Pandey,

Thanks for your question.

Yes, you need to put the fair market value of each class of assets.

For a particular class of assets, enter the total fair market value of all the assets in the class and the total allocation of the sales price. For Classes VI and VII, enter the total fair market value of Class VI and Class VII combined, and the total portion of the sales price allocated to Class VI and Class VII combined.

Hope this helps.

John Stancil, CPA

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

John Stancil, CPA