Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/income tax for rental income

Question
I am 18 years old and bought a single family rental house with my uncle (50/50). We both have our names on the deed. We didn't register a LLC. How do I report the tax for all the rent income as well as the expenses, also can I take 50% of depreciation of the house?

Answer
Jamie,

Thanks for your question.

You will have to report your half of the income, expenses and depreciation on the rental unit on Schedule E of 1040. You cannot take all the income or expenses, as they must be allocated based on your share of ownership.

Hope this helps.

John Stancil, CPA

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

John Stancil, CPA