Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/Officer Life Ins Prems 1120s

Question
When preparing form M-2 for a S-corp, in which column do you show officer life insurance premiums paid by the S corp, Col a or b?

Answer
Life insurance premiums are generally not business deductions.
If you are referring to Schedule M-2 "Analysis of Unappropriated Retained Earnings per Books"

A life insurance payment is not "retained" nor is it an "earning".

Unappropriated retained earnings are those profits (not distributed) that the corporation has no specific need for.

Call me and let's see if we can get you the answer that you are looking for.

Richard Fritzler
800 658-5105  

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

Richard Fritzler