Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/Pa.state taxes

Question
I have a daughter in YWAM St.Croix for 2 years.I believe I understand the laws pertaining to the Fed. income tax.She worked in Pa. for most of 2012 so she has a w-2 for that. She was also given a 1099 from YWAM for all the support that came in at the end of 2012.I understand that I need to claim both of those as income to the Feds for 2012.My question is how do I treat that on a state level and is there anything she needs to do from St.Croix? I have all the forms here and hope that I can file all her taxesfrom here and merely send the completed tax forms to her to sign. Any info or advice you can give me would be very much appreciated. Thank you and God Bless.   Leonard

Answer
Leonard,

Thanks for your question.

There is nothing special about the state return. She will be considered to be a PA resident wile in St. Corix unless she becomes a bona fide resident of another country or state.  So you would just report all the income to PA also.

Hope this helps.

John Stancil, CPA

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

John Stancil, CPA