Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/Pa.state taxes

I have a daughter in YWAM St.Croix for 2 years.I believe I understand the laws pertaining to the Fed. income tax.She worked in Pa. for most of 2012 so she has a w-2 for that. She was also given a 1099 from YWAM for all the support that came in at the end of 2012.I understand that I need to claim both of those as income to the Feds for 2012.My question is how do I treat that on a state level and is there anything she needs to do from St.Croix? I have all the forms here and hope that I can file all her taxesfrom here and merely send the completed tax forms to her to sign. Any info or advice you can give me would be very much appreciated. Thank you and God Bless.   Leonard

Thanks for your question.

There is nothing special about the state return. She will be considered to be a PA resident wile in St. Corix unless she becomes a bona fide resident of another country or state.  So you would just report all the income to PA also.

Hope this helps.

John Stancil, CPA

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

John Stancil, CPA

I can answer questions on personal income taxes, partnerships, and some corporate income taxes. I can deal with some state tax questions. Limited gift and estate tax questions. I am also familiar with ministerial and church tax reporting issues. I am Professor Emeritus at Florida Southern College. Sales taxes and property taxes are state and local issues so I am not likely be be able to give you an in depth answer on those types of taxes. I have maintained a CPA practice, specializing in tax, for over 35 years. I am a member of the National Association of Tax Professionals, The Florida Insititute of CPA's, The NCPE Fellowship. In addition I am a Certified Mentor for SCORE. Visit my website at I also offer seminars and consultations to churches and clergy on their tax issues at Also visit my blog, I am listed on Tax Connections at Prepare and file your own taxes at

I hold a doctorate in Accounting, and am a CPA. My certifications of CIA, CFM, and CMA are inactive. I passed all certification examinations on the first attempt, and received honorable mention for my scores on the CIA exam. I have operated a CPA firm for over 37 years and have taught accounting and tax at the college level for over 35 years.

FICPA, NATP, NCPE Fellowship, Lakeland Business Leaders

The CPA Journal, Florida CPA Today, Green Consumer, Green Business, Global Sustainability as a Business Imperative, Palmetto Review, NATP TaxPro Quarterly, Mustang Journal of Finance and Accounting.

DBA University of Memphis MBA University of Georgia BS in Accounting Mars Hill University