Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/Injured spouse

Question
My husband and I filed our taxes on Jan. 31, with the injured spouse form electronically. We were told that it would be 11 weeks for processing our return, it is now 4/21/2013, the 11 weeks is up and we call and are being told that the injured spouse has been completed, but it will be another 3-4 weeks for us to receive the refund. Why! Is the process dragging on like this. We are facing undue hardship due to the lack of communication with the irs.

Answer
Danielle,

Join the club.  The IRS is notoriously slow and often missed their own deadlines.  If you have exhausted all normal routes of communication with the IRS and are suffering undue hardship, you can complete Form 911 or contact the Office of Taxpayer Advocate in your state.  http://www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-Your-Advocate!

Hope this helps.

John Stancil, CPA

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

John Stancil, CPA