Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/emplyment and self-employment SS taxes

Question
I am currently employed and earn over the SS yearly maximum for contributions ($113k). Additionally, my LLC will earn in the $150k range this year. How will my total SS tax burden be calculated? For example, since my day job meets the minimum, will I owe no SS taxes from the LLC or will I have to pay the full self employed portion for the LLC? Thanks in advance,

Answer
Todd,

Thanks for your question.

You will only need to pay the Medicare portion of the self-employment tax.  However, depending on your filing status, you may be liable for the .9% additional Medicare tax. http://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Small-Businesses-&-Self-Employed/Questions-and-Ans

Hope this helps.

John Stancil, CPA

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

John Stancil, CPA