Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/tax forms required

Question
I have cashed in 5 matured savings bond as part of my mothers estate. She was issued an EIN and  I would like to know what federal tax forms do I have to submit as her executor, and can I submit one federal tax form for her savings accounts and the bond interest, plus do I have to fill out two separate NJ state tax forms.

Answer
Tom,

Thanks for your question.

Any income that is received to the estate should be reported on Form 1041, and a NY estate income tax return.  If there was income to her prior to her death, that should be reported on her 1040 and corresponding state return.

Hope this helps.

John Stancil, CPA

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

John Stancil, CPA