Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/Company vehicle - personal use

Question
I understand that using a company vehicle to travel to and from work is taxable as income. My question is that since every sixth week, my co-workers and I have a responsibility of covering a pager to respond to emergencies. Since a normal 40 hour work week consists of five trips to and from work and the weeks we are "on call", it is not uncommon for us to make an additional five to twenty calls during that week, would those additional trips be considered personal use since they are not part of our typical work week. We are compensated (minimally I might add) for carrying the pager and receive overtime for any and all calls we respond to, but since we are on call 24/7 for that week, wouldn't those additional trips be exempt from the taxable income rule?

Answer
they are exempt.

the easiest (and fairest and legal, too) method to pick up income for personal use is to take the $1.5 per trip x 2 x 5 x 50 weeks is 750 of income PER YEAR x the roughly 25% income tax rate is a cost of like $200 per year of real economic value.  

look in pub 15-b

works for everyone other then highly compensated control employees and owners of llc or s corp  

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

MEdusa