Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/Foreign Corporation paying US contractor IRS Question

Question
I own a corporation in Canada and am contracting a freelancer in the United States, who will performing the work in the United States, for a short term project (ie: not an employee). I am wondering what my tax obligations are for the IRS. Specifically: Do I, as a foreign corporation based in Canada, have to issue him a 1099 (1099-misc?).

Thank you.

Answer
no. none. as long as you (and your company) don't come to the usa and do stuff/perform services or have assets and or employees.  what is the freelancer doing ? what type of services?  how much control do you exercise over them?  are they in the business of doing this sort of service all the time? for other people?  

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

MEdusa