Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/Income guarantee forgiveness

Our company issues 1099's to recruited physicians.  Upon recruiting we give these physician's either a recruitment loan or income guarantee.  In return they give us a work commitment for so many years and for each month worked a portion of their loan is forgiven.  At the end of each year the portion that is forgiven is reported on a 1099 so they may pay their portion of taxes on this income.  We have been using a 1099-MISC.  Is that the correct form, what box should we be reporting this income and should we be splitting out the interest and principal portion of this forgiveness?

Good morning

Are you a recruiting agency? or the actual employer?

Do you charge (and report) interest?  

How much and how long is the loan?

How often have you done this?  for how many doctors?

Where (state) are you located?

What do you do if they don't stay? how do you handle that?

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

Tax and general business including hospitality related (hotel mgmt degree and experience in industry prior to obtaining ms tax and cpa).

19 years cpa. ms tax. NOTE: My discussions are only a general information and do not constitute tax advise without entering into a specific agreement and executing an engagement letter; This free chat is nothing more than general information and should not be construed as tax advice nor does my response or replies imply an agreement to provide client specific advice or other guidance for purposes of avoiding IRS tax or penalties and should not be relied upon without your own validation and confirmation of the how the discussion may fit your facts... Not having all the facts and/or not having a direct client relationship prevents me from providing the most accurate replies as possible and I highly suggest using a local CPA to provide you with written advice and guidance. Taking matters into your own hands is much akin to trying to land an airplane without a license. It is easy to FLY a plane, but LANDING is when critical experience is key. In short, caveat emptor; do your homework and don't just rely on free chat board advice anywhere, anytime.

AICPA, CSCPA (Ct society), National Tax,

a bunch.

MS tax and other post graduate coursework

variety including Summa Cum Laude

I don't disclose or kiss and tell