Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/IRA rollovers

Question
I was enrolled in a traditional 401(k) plan at my previous employer. However, my contributions were post-tax. Now that I've left that employment, I want to move those funds to my Roth IRA. Am I correct to assume this will not create a taxable event since I've already paid taxes on those monies?

Also, I had another retirement plan with the same company. They referred to it as the "wealth builder." Anyway, it was an employer contribution retirement account. I never put a dime in it, but the money was contributed as a percentage of my salary. How exactly is that treated if I want to roll that money over to a Roth IRA? Will I owe taxes on that money?

Please advise.

Answer
your 401k was not post tax. it is pre tax dollars (yes, a roth 401k was avaialble recently, but if you worked there very long it is unlikely that it was roth and not regular).

did you have any employer stock in the plans?  

as i said in other reply. wealth builder is taxable upon your receipt.  you MIGHT be able to convert it, pay the tax now and then hold in roth. depends upon the plan and rules.  

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

MEdusa