Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/Fractional reserve Lending

Hi John

Is it true that if I deposit my paycheck into a bank ( like Bank of America, Chase, TD Bank, and any other big bank)every week. The whole year goes by and I don't take much out. For example out of $700 I take $200 and leave the rest in there.  When I do my taxes at the end of the year. The bank I put the money into, Fractional reserve lended that $$ to other people in businesses for a profit(interest). So they led it out that interest and banks get pay, and they have to claim it at the end of the year to pay their taxes, but this money come from my deposit. So there for I could claim it. Are you aware of this or this is false?

Wake up Juan.  Splash water on your face and listen...

In your examples, you made a 500 deposit into the bank and they will pay you a pittance of interest and send you a 1099 detailing the amount paid. Period

You report that income on schedule b and move on

If if if if you want to participate in the "ownership" of the bank, buy stock.  

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

Tax and general business including hospitality related (hotel mgmt degree and experience in industry prior to obtaining ms tax and cpa).

19 years cpa. ms tax. NOTE: My discussions are only a general information and do not constitute tax advise without entering into a specific agreement and executing an engagement letter; This free chat is nothing more than general information and should not be construed as tax advice nor does my response or replies imply an agreement to provide client specific advice or other guidance for purposes of avoiding IRS tax or penalties and should not be relied upon without your own validation and confirmation of the how the discussion may fit your facts... Not having all the facts and/or not having a direct client relationship prevents me from providing the most accurate replies as possible and I highly suggest using a local CPA to provide you with written advice and guidance. Taking matters into your own hands is much akin to trying to land an airplane without a license. It is easy to FLY a plane, but LANDING is when critical experience is key. In short, caveat emptor; do your homework and don't just rely on free chat board advice anywhere, anytime.

AICPA, CSCPA (Ct society), National Tax,

a bunch.

MS tax and other post graduate coursework

variety including Summa Cum Laude

I don't disclose or kiss and tell