Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/property taxes

I am being told by the tax office that no documentation is needed to place a name on property for collectable taxes.  I am purchasing a mobile home, by owner finance,and just received a tax bill.  I do not own the land I am renting a space and the mobile home is not in my name.  So my question is can anyone tell the tax office I am purchasing the mobile home and the taxes automatically be placed in my name?

Depending upon local rules

You do owe tax when you buy it I the property (home) not land

Likely also owe the land owner for the portion of tax you owe

If you own it you owe tax

What am I missing - it seems pretty simple.  Even if the seller is holding a note, you own it.

How do you buy a home and not put in your name ?

Who's name is it in?

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

Tax and general business including hospitality related (hotel mgmt degree and experience in industry prior to obtaining ms tax and cpa).

19 years cpa. ms tax. NOTE: My discussions are only a general information and do not constitute tax advise without entering into a specific agreement and executing an engagement letter; This free chat is nothing more than general information and should not be construed as tax advice nor does my response or replies imply an agreement to provide client specific advice or other guidance for purposes of avoiding IRS tax or penalties and should not be relied upon without your own validation and confirmation of the how the discussion may fit your facts... Not having all the facts and/or not having a direct client relationship prevents me from providing the most accurate replies as possible and I highly suggest using a local CPA to provide you with written advice and guidance. Taking matters into your own hands is much akin to trying to land an airplane without a license. It is easy to FLY a plane, but LANDING is when critical experience is key. In short, caveat emptor; do your homework and don't just rely on free chat board advice anywhere, anytime.

AICPA, CSCPA (Ct society), National Tax,

a bunch.

MS tax and other post graduate coursework

variety including Summa Cum Laude

I don't disclose or kiss and tell