Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/tax help

Question
I was an intern Part time for 5 months and was paid a stipend now the employer wants me to claim the income as an independent contractor 1099 is this correct?"  what do i have to do to get a W2 from them?

Answer
Ask, but you probably won't receive.  As I stated in my previous answer to you, many companies use a 1099 because they can get away with it.  

It you wanted to pursue it, Complete a  SS-8 Form and send it to the IRS.  They will make a determination as to your status. But the company is not required to change anything in the past.

Hope this helps.

John Stancil, CPA

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

John Stancil, CPA