Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/Unreimbursed employee expense

Question
I have been offered an outside sales position in my company, working from home to cover a local territory.  The company has offered me use of a company vehicle to have at home.  They will also allow me to use it personally within a limited range.  The agreement is that I will pay for gas and they will cover all maintenance.  My question:  For all gas/tolls that are work related, do I itemize on Schedule A and report on Form 2106 as unreimbursed expenses?  

Thank you.

Answer
Gary,

Thanks for your question.

That is correct.  Compute your unreimbursed expenses and enter them on Form 2106.  Carry that amount to line 21 of Schedule A.  You will only be able to deduct those expenses that exceed 2% of your adjusted gross income.

Hope this helps.

John Stancil, CPA

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

John Stancil, CPA