Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)/Irrevocable Living Trust Grantor income reporting

Question
Grantor living trust issued a statement (not k1) showing dividend/interest income with Grantors name and SSN.  Letter from trust says to give to Grantor to report on personal return.  Trust has a separate EIN.  Financial institution 1099 reported this income with trust EIN.  Does Grantor when reporting this income on form 1040, schedule B, report Financial institution and their EIN as the payer or the trust and their EIN as payer.  Fiduciary is not the same as Grantor.

Thank you

Answer
Report the financial institution as the payer.

The EIN for the trust is just an extension of the grantor, like any pass-through/Sole Proprietor (you can get a separate EIN for a SoleProp).

Naming the Trust would just cycle it back to the Grantor. Not that it couldn't be unraveled by the IRS, but . . .  

Tax Law (Questions About Taxes)

Richard Fritzler